- Aerobic exercise. Regular aerobic exercise boosts blood flow to your brain, and also boosts the size of your hippocampus, the part of your brain that’s involved in verbal memory and learning, Small says.
- Weight training.
What does exercising do to your brain?
Not only is it good for your muscles and bones, it can keep your brain healthy, too. Physical activity can improve your cognitive health—helping you think, learn, problem-solve, and enjoy an emotional balance. It can improve memory and reduce anxiety or depression.
How can I sharpen my brain?
- staying physically active.
- getting enough sleep.
- not smoking.
- having good social connections.
- limiting alcohol to no more than one drink a day.
- eating a Mediterranean style diet.
Why is my brain so slow?
This can be caused by overworking, lack of sleep, stress, and spending too much time on the computer. On a cellular level, brain fog is believed to be caused by high levels inflammation and changes to hormones that determine your mood, energy and focus.