How do I survive a clear liquid diet for a colonoscopy?
- Popsicles that have no fruit or cream or red or purple dye.
- Jell-O without fruit and no red or purple dye.
- Boost Breeze Tropical Juice drink.
- Clear juices such as white cranberry, apple, white grape, and lemonade without pulp.
- Fat-free, clear broths such as bouillon or consommé
How long is liquid diet before colonoscopy?
If your provider specifies, you may need to be on 2 days of a clear liquid diet prior to your colonoscopy. Mix the laxative preparation as directed on the label and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before drinking. Drink the bowel prep with a straw. This may make it easier to drink.
What is the diet 2 days before colonoscopy?
DO NOT EAT ANY FOOD OR THICK LIQUIDS AT ALL! Examples of clear liquids are: water, apple juice, broth (NOT SOUP WITH THINGS IN IT) Jell-O, tea/coffee without milk/cream, sodas, sports drinks, and popsicles, but nothing red colored.