How do you build a tabletop exercise?
- Set your objective. The first thing you should do is develop an objective statement.
- Establish who is participating.
- Develop your scenarios.
- Don’t skimp on scheduling.
- Set ground rules.
- Do the hot wash.
- Write the after-action report.
- Create an implementation plan.
What are tabletop exercises in cybersecurity?
A discussion-based exercise where personnel with roles and responsibilities in a particular IT plan meet in a classroom setting or in breakout groups to validate the content of the plan by discussing their roles during an emergency and their responses to a particular emergency situation.
What is tabletop exercise in BCP?
A tabletop exercise is a great way to get your team involved in testing the written Business Continuity Plan. Tabletop exercises are discussion-based sessions where team members meet in an informal setting to discuss their responses to a particular emergency situation.