What foods are forbidden after gastric sleeve?
- Red meat that’s tough or dry.
- Greasy, high fat foods.
- Heavily seasoned or spicy foods.
- Sugar alcohols, such as erythritol, glycerol, mannitol, sorbitol and xylitol.
- Foods reheated in the microwave.
Can you ever eat normal again after gastric sleeve?
After around 7 to 8 weeks you should be able to resume a normal solid food diet. Your gastric sleeve will allow you to eat almost any type or texture of food. You should aim for three well balanced meals each day. Your calorie intake should be between 1000 and 1200kcal per-day.
How can I maximize weight loss after gastric sleeve?
- Choose nutrient-dense foods. You don’t have a lot of room in your stomach after surgery, so don’t fill up on empty calories.
- Protein, protein, protein.
- Plan your meals.
- Stay away from beverage calories.
- Chew thoroughly.