- Fruits and vegetables.
- Whole grains, such as whole wheat, brown rice, barley, quinoa, and oats.
- Proteins, such as lean meats, chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, nuts, beans, lentils, and tofu.
- Nonfat or low-fat dairy, such as milk, yogurt, and cheese.
What 10 foods should diabetic avoid?
- Processed meats.
- Full-fat dairy products.
- Packaged snacks and processed baked goods.
- White carbohydrates.
- Sweetened breakfast cereals.
- Dried fruits.
- French fries.
- Higher-fat cuts of meat.
What are the 5 best foods for diabetics?
- Beans. Kidney, pinto, navy or black beans are packed with vitamins and minerals such as magnesium and potassium.
- Dark green leafy vegetables.
- Citrus fruit.
- Fish high in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Whole grains.
What can diabetics eat daily?
Top Diabetes-Friendly Foods to Eat
Nonstarchy vegetables, such as broccoli and high-fiber fruit like apples. Lean sources of protein, such as boneless, skinless chicken, turkey, and fatty fish, like salmon. Healthy fats, such as nuts, nut butter, and avocado (in moderation) Whole grains, like quinoa and barley.