The DASH Diet is rich in fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, whole grains, fish, poultry, beans, seeds, and nuts. It is low in salt and sodium, added sugars and sweets, fat and red meats.
What foods should someone with kidney disease avoid?
Read and learn about hide
Here are 17 foods that you should likely avoid on a renal diet.
- Dark-colored soda. In addition to the calories and sugar that sodas provide, they harbor additives that contain phosphorus, especially dark-colored sodas.
- Canned foods.
- Whole wheat bread.
- Brown rice.
- Oranges and orange juice.
What foods can improve kidney function?
The Best Foods for Kidney Health
- Dark leafy greens. Dark leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach, chard, and collard greens are loaded with vitamins A and C, calcium, and many other important minerals.
- Sweet potatoes.
- Olive oil.
- Fatty fish.
What are the 10 best foods for kidney disease?
10 Superfoods for People with Kidney Disease
- Cabbage. With abundant phytochemicals, this cruciferous vegetable is filling and nutritious.
- Red Peppers. Also low in potassium but high in flavor.
- Egg Whites.
- Red Grapes.