What foods should I avoid if I have high cholesterol?
- Full-fat dairy. Whole milk, butter and full-fat yogurt and cheese are high in saturated fat.
- Red meat. Steak, beef roast, ribs, pork chops and ground beef tend to have high saturated fat and cholesterol content.
- Processed meat.
- Fried foods.
- Baked goods and sweets.
- Lean meat.
What foods clean up cholesterol?
- Barley and other whole grains.
- Eggplant and okra.
- Vegetable oils.
- Apples, grapes, strawberries, citrus fruits.
- Foods fortified with sterols and stanols.
What is the quickest way to lower cholesterol?
A literature review of published studies found that moderate-intensity exercise increases “good” HDL cholesterol, which reduces the risk for atherosclerosis and ischemic heart diseases and improves total cholesterol levels. Higher-intensity cardio lowers LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels.