- white bread.
- refined (non-wholegrain) breakfast cereals, such as cornflakes.
- white rice, refined (low-fibre) pasta and noodles.
- cooked vegetables (but not the peel, seeds or stalks)
- lean meat and fish.
What foods should be avoided with ulcerative colitis?
Read and learn about hide
The Worst Foods For Those With Ulcerative Colitis
- Watch Out For Fiber. Whole grain cereals and breads are difficult to digest and lead to flare ups if you have UC.
- Nuts And Seeds. These foods are difficult to digest and aggravate the symptoms.
- Unhealthy Fats.
- Certain Vegetables.
- Spicy Foods.
What foods trigger ulcerative colitis?
Watch out for items that can be troublemakers if you have UC, including:
- Carbonated drinks.
- Dairy products, if you’re lactose intolerant.
- Dried beans, peas, and legumes.
- Dried fruits.
- Foods that have sulfur or sulfate.
- Foods high in fiber.
What foods soothe inflamed intestines?
Suggestions for first foods after a flare include:
- Diluted juices.
- Canned fruit.
- Plain chicken, turkey or fish.
- Cooked eggs or egg substitutes.
- Mashed potatoes, rice or noodles.
- Bread – sourdough or white.