What should you not do with sciatica?
- Avoid Exercises That Stretch Your Hamstrings.
- Avoid Lifting Heavy Weights Before Warming Up.
- Avoid Certain Exercise Machines.
- Avoid Sitting For Longer Than 20 Minutes.
- Avoid Bed Rest.
- Avoid Bending Over.
- Avoid Sitting in the “Wrong” Office Chair.
- Avoid Twisting Your Spine.
What aggravates the sciatic nerve?
Sciatica most often occurs when a herniated disk or an overgrowth of bone puts pressure on part of the nerve. This causes inflammation, pain and often some numbness in the affected leg.
Should I rest or exercise with sciatica?
While it may seem counterintuitive, exercise is more effective in relieving sciatica pain than bed rest or staying active with daily physical activities.