Should you exercise a painful shoulder?
Simple shoulder pain exercises can improve your strength and help you maintain a consistent workout routine after an injury. As long as your doctor says it’s OK start with basic shoulder workouts to begin the healing process.
How do I get my shoulder to stop hurting?
- Put ice on the shoulder area for 15 minutes, then leave it off for 15 minutes. Do this 3 to 4 times a day for 2 to 3 days.
- Rest your shoulder for the next few days.
- Slowly return to your regular activities.
- Taking ibuprofen or acetaminophen (such as Tylenol) may help reduce inflammation and pain.
What are 2 warning signs of a rotator cuff tear?
- Be described as a dull ache deep in the shoulder.
- Disturb sleep.
- Make it difficult to comb your hair or reach behind your back.
- Be accompanied by arm weakness.