- Knee lifts. Knee lifts stretch your hip flexors, thigh muscles, and gluteal muscles.
- Leg raises. Leg raises to build strength in your hip muscles.
- Butterfly pose.
- Seated marching.
- Hip circles.
How can I strengthen my hip area?
- Begin by lying on your back with your arms by your sides. Your knees should point towards the ceiling.
- Using your arms for support, slowly push your hips up towards the ceiling.
- Hold for a few seconds and then slowly bring your hips back down to the floor.
How can I workout my hips at home?
- Lie on your back with bent knees and your feet in toward your hips.
- Press your palms into the floor alongside your body.
- Extend your right leg so it’s straight.
- Lift your hips up as high as you can.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Do each side 2–3 times.
Is Walking good for your hips?
Walking can help reduce stiffness, as the hip flexors are loosened up, which improves hip flexibility and range of motion. Reduce inflammation in the hips. Arthritis causes chronic inflammation, and walking as a form of exercise boosts blood flow to your hip joint cartilage, which helps decrease inflammation.