Which exercises should be avoided during pregnancy?
- Any high impact exercise.
- Planks or push-ups.
- Movements or exercise that places extreme pressure on your pelvic floor.
- Traditional sit-ups and crunches.
- Exercises where you are lying on your back (especially late in pregnancy).
- Exercises where you hold your breath.
What exercises can you do at home while pregnant?
- Back bend.
- Back press.
- Side plank.
- Wall push-up.
- Seated twist.
- Kegel exercises.
- Hip stretch.
- Pelvic tilt.
Can I do squats while pregnant?
During pregnancy, squats are an excellent resistance exercise to maintain strength and range of motion in the hips, glutes, core, and pelvic floor muscles. When performed correctly, squats can help improve posture, and they have the potential to assist with the birthing process.