- Plank. The plank is a perfect start to your core strengthening journey; with minimal movement, this exercise can be adapted to something harder or easier depending on how you feel.
- Reverse crunch.
- Bird Dog Crunch.
- Bicycle Crunch – Sitting.
- Glute Bridge.
How do I strengthen my core for beginners?
- Deadbug – 3 sets of 10 reps (on each side) Progression: Alekna or Jack Knife.
- Plank – 3 sets holding as long as possible.
- Reverse Crunch – 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Side Plank – 3 sets of a 30 second hold (on each side)
- Glute Bridges – 3 sets of 15 reps.
What is the 5 fastest way to strengthen your core?
What are 3 exercises that strengthen the core?
Here are 3 exercises for the core developed by Dr. Stuart McGill, that will increase your endurance and protect your back: modified curl-up, side bridge, and bird dog, collectively known as ‘the big three’.