How do you loosen a sciatic nerve?
- Lie on your back with both of your knees bent and your feet on the ground.
- Lift one leg and cross it just above your knee.
- Hold the thigh of the leg with the foot on the ground and pull up to your chest until you can feel the stretch in your buttocks.
- Hold for 10 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
Can exercise get rid of sciatica?
Several exercises and stretches help treat sciatica. Exercise enhances soft tissue healing, benefits your nervous system, and may make you less sensitive to pain. It’s important to do some physical activity daily, even if it’s only gentle stretching.
What is the fastest way to heal sciatica?
Alternating heat and ice therapy can provide immediate relief of sciatic nerve pain. Ice can help reduce inflammation, while heat encourages blood flow to the painful area (which speeds healing). Heat and ice may also help ease painful muscle spasms that often accompany sciatica.