Eat more fruits, vegetables and whole grains, which provide complex carbohydrates. Avoid foods and beverages with high-fructose corn syrup, and limit consumption of naturally sweet fruit juices. Water. Stay well-hydrated by drinking water.
What are the 10 foods that trigger gout?
Read and learn about hide
The top 10 foods and drinks that trigger gout are:
- Sugary drinks and sweets.
- High fructose corn syrup.
- Organ meats.
- Game meats.
- Certain seafood, including herring, scallops, mussels, codfish, tuna, trout and haddock.
- Red meats, including beef, lamb pork and bacon.
What foods neutralize gout?
The following foods may help to ease gout by lowering uric acid levels or reducing purine intake: Cherries. Foods high in vitamin C (e.g., oranges, spinach, kale) Coffee.
High-Vitamin C Foods
- Citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, and grapefruit.
- Sweet bell peppers.
What is the fastest way to get rid of gout?
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). NSAIDs include over-the-counter options such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and naproxen sodium (Aleve), as well as more-powerful prescription NSAIDs such as indomethacin (Indocin, Tivorbex) or celecoxib (Celebrex).