Are side steps a good exercise?
Side stepping exercises can strengthen these underused muscles while also improving balance, improving flexibility and increasing spatial awareness. Physical Therapists use specific side stepping treatment to address injuries in the low back and lower extremities.
How to do a side stepping exercise?
- Start with knees slightly bent and feet together.
- Step to the side with your left foot.
- Step with your right foot to meet your left foot.
- Step 3 times. Keep your steps short and comfortable.
- Repeat the sequence in the opposite direction.
- Continue for 2 to 3 minutes.
Are side steps cardio?
The side-step is an aerobic movement that elevates your heart rate to burn calories and aid in your weight loss. According to the American Council on Exercise, you burn approximately 8.6 calories each minute performing aerobics if you weigh 140 pounds.