Choose protein-rich foods.
- Lean meats such as chicken, fish, or turkey.
- Low fat dairy products such as milk, yogurt, and cheese or dairy substitutes.
- Nuts and nut butters.
- Soy foods.
What foods to avoid if you have colon cancer?
Avoid red meat and processed meats like hot dogs. Choose lean proteins like eggs, fish and poultry instead. Good plant-based sources of protein are lentils, nuts and legumes. Roughage, or fiber, is the fibrous, indigestible material part of plant-based foods that aid the passage of food through the intestines.
What foods make colon cancer worse?
- Refined starches, such as packaged cookies and crackers.
- Added sugar, such as that in sodas and sweet drinks.
- Saturated fats, including processed meats like hot dogs; whole milk and cheese; and fried foods.
- Trans fats, including margarine and coffee creamers.
Can diet reverse colon cancer?
Research published last year in JAMA Oncology suggests that a diet high in sources of fiber may improve survival rates for patients with stage one colorectal cancer. Eating whole grains was also linked to a better treatment outcome, the researchers noted.