- Scrambled eggs.
- Fruit and yogurt smoothie.
- Hot cereals (e.g., Cream of Wheat, grits, oatmeal, porridge)
- Cottage cheese.
What foods should you avoid with TMJ?
- Gum and chewy or sticky candies.
- Bagels, crusty bread, and other chewy baked goods.
- Apples, carrots, and other hard fruits and vegetables.
- Chewy or tough meat.
- Hard nuts.
- Ice (put it in your drinks, use it in a cold compress for swelling, but don’t bite into it!)
What foods help jaw pain?
Foods that will alleviate jaw discomfort include scrambled eggs, rice, pasta, yogurt, soft breads, and leafy green vegetables. Prepare soups, chili, or stews, and focus on softer meats, such as tuna, white fish, and dark chicken or turkey meat.
Can you eat pizza with TMJ?
Pizza – pizza itself isn’t bad for the TMJ joint, but the crust can be chewy and hard to get through. Repetitive chewing through pizza crust can cause inflammation and irritation. Steak, beef jerky (any chewy meat) – steak is one of the highest offenders of TMJ pain.