- Blood Orange Olive Oil Cake.
- Balsamic Berries with Honey Yogurt.
- Sticky Gluten-Free Lemon Cake.
- Honeyed Phyllo Stacks with Pistachios, Spiced Fruit, and Yogurt.
- Brûléed Ricotta.
- Yogurt and Honey Olive Oil Cake.
- Domenica Marchetti’s Carrot Polenta Cake with Marsala.
Is chocolate allowed on Mediterranean diet?
The Mediterranean diet is all about moderation, which means indulging in dark chocolate sometimes is A-OK! In addition to being Mediterranean-approved, dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants and has been linked to better heart health.
What kind of ice cream is in the Mediterranean diet?
As for ice cream, you can make it an occasional treat, but keep portion size and frequency at a minimum. Or consider an all-fruit sorbet or gelato, which is a very rich Italian-style ice cream. A little goes a long way. Milk is not traditionally part of a Mediterranean diet.
Does the Mediterranean diet include sweets?
Highlights. The Mediterranean diet refers to a way of eating that focuses on the traditional foods eaten in the countries that surround the Mediterranean Sea. This style of eating emphasizes plant foods, incorporates some animal foods—in particular, fish, and sparingly includes sweets, red meat and processed meats.