Include more protein and greens in your meals. When you eat carbohydrates, make them complex carbs (like whole grains and beans). If you eat sweets or a high carb food, combine them with healthy fats (avocado, olive oil, nuts) or protein to slow down the sugar spike.
How can I increase my fertility naturally with PCOS?
For women with PCOS who are overweight or obese, a modest weight loss sometimes results in more regular ovulation, which increases the chance of pregnancy. For those who know they ovulate, having sex during the “fertile window” (the five days leading up to and including ovulation) boosts the chance of conception.
How do you increase chances of getting pregnant with PCOS?
- Diet. Women with PCOS are often found to have higher than normal insulin levels.
- Exercise. Regular exercise has been shown to improve fertility in women with PCOS.
- Medication. The primary fertility problem with PCOS is the lack of ovulation.
- Don’t Wait.
What foods to avoid if you have PCOS?
- Sugary drinks.
- Fried foods.
- Processed meats (ex. sausages, hamburgers, and hot dogs)
- Refined Carbohydrates (ex. white bread, pasta, and pastries)
- Processed food (ex. cakes, candy, sweetened yogurt, ice creams with excess sugar)