- Whole-grain breads and cereals and foods made with 100% whole wheat, oats, quinoa, brown rice, corn, and cornmeal.
- Dried beans, lentils, and peas.
- Fresh (or frozen) fruits like berries, apples, pears, and oranges.
- Dairy products including yogurt, milk, and cheese.
What foods should be avoided with type 2 diabetes?
Having more red and processed meats like bacon, ham, sausages, pork, beef and lamb are all associated with an increased risk of type 2 diabetes. They also have links to heart problems and certain types of cancer. Try to get your protein from healthier foods like: pulses such as beans and lentils.
What foods can worsen type 2 diabetes?
- Heavily processed carbohydrates.
- Drinks sweetened with sugar.
- Saturated and trans fats.
- Red meats and processed meats.
What 10 foods should diabetics avoid?
- Processed meats.
- Full-fat dairy products.
- Packaged snacks and processed baked goods.
- White carbohydrates.
- Sweetened breakfast cereals.
- Dried fruits.
- French fries.
- Higher-fat cuts of meat.