It can be hard to stick to a diet because dieting can encourage an all-or-nothing mindset- you’re either trying to be ‘good’ and eat perfectly in accordance with your weight loss plan, or you’re being ‘bad’ and perhaps eating mindlessly or with no sense of control.
How do I train my mind to stick to a diet?
- Brain hack #1 Eat an apple before shopping.
- Brain hack #2 Think of yourself as a ‘healthy eater’
- Brain hack #3 Photograph your meal.
- Brain hack #4 Snack on walnuts between meals.
- Brain hack #5 Eat with your ‘other’ hand.
- Brain hack #6 Imagine eating it!
- Brain hack #7 Tap away a craving.
How do I get willpower to lose weight?
- Believe in Yourself. For years we’ve been told we only have a certain amount of willpower, but more recent studies are showing that may not be the case.
- Set Clear Goals.
- Make a plan.
- Keep Busy.
- Reduce Stress.
- Get Support.
- Avoid Temptation.
- Practice Mindfulness.
How do you stick to a diet once and for all?
- Start now.
- Don’t fall victim to the ‘fast and feast’ cycle.
- Don’t make rules; make choices.
- Refocus social gatherings away from food.
- Stop counting calories.
- Stop obsessing over what you ‘can’t have. ‘
- Eat the rainbow.
- Determine if ‘cheat days’ are working for or against you.