How do you build a tabletop exercise?
- Set your objective. The first thing you should do is develop an objective statement.
- Establish who is participating.
- Develop your scenarios.
- Don’t skimp on scheduling.
- Set ground rules.
- Do the hot wash.
- Write the after-action report.
- Create an implementation plan.
How long should a tabletop exercise be?
How Long is a Tabletop Exercise? A tabletop exercise usually lasts from 1 to 4 hours, but can vary depending on the incident. Discussion times are open-ended, and participants are encouraged to take their time in arriving at in-depth decisions without time pressure.
What is a table top exercise incident response?
Definition(s): A discussion-based exercise where personnel with roles and responsibilities in a particular IT plan meet in a classroom setting or in breakout groups to validate the content of the plan by discussing their roles during an emergency and their responses to a particular emergency situation.