How to do a proper windshield wiper exercise?
- Lie on your back with your arms straight out to the sides.
- Rotate the hips to one side, without letting the legs touch the floor.
- Lift your legs and return to the starting position.
- Rotate the hips to the opposite side and repeat until set is complete.
What muscles do floor wipers work?
- erector spinae (lower back)
- pectorals (chest)
What does the windshield wiper exercise do?
The windshield wiper works the obliques and rectus abdominus. However, the move also requires support from your glutes and hip flexors, making it a full core workout in one exercise. A strong core makes everyday activities easier and can help you feel more stable and in control of your own body.