What is the fastest way to cure a hiatal hernia?
The most effective treatment option for curing a hiatal hernia is laparoscopic hernia repair. In this procedure, the doctor uses a special instrument- a laparoscope- to navigate inside the abdomen and strengthens the weakened area with a surgical mesh. Furthermore, the success rate of this procedure is also very high.
What exercises should I avoid with a hiatal hernia?
If an individual is experiencing acid reflux due to a hiatal hernia, an intense workout can aggravate the symptoms. Avoid exercises intense workouts especially those exercises which aggravate the hernia symptoms. Consult with your doctor before you start the exercises and follow a hernia diet plan.
How do you self correct a hiatal hernia?
- losing weight (if needed)
- decreasing food portion sizes.
- eating several smaller meals throughout the day (as opposed to a few large meals)
- elevating the head of your bed by 8 inches.
- avoiding meals 2 to 3 hours before bedtime or before lying down.