5 Exercises to Help Strengthen Your Knees
- Exercise 1: Knee Extension.
- Exercise 2: Knee Flexion (Standing)
- Exercise 3: Heel and Calf Raises.
- Exercise 4: Wall Squats.
- Exercise 5: Swimming.
How do you strengthen a weak knee?
Read and learn about hide
10 Exercises for Weak Knees
- Wall or Chair Squats. If your knees are weak, stand in front of a chair or against a wall while you do squats so that you don’t lose your balance.
- Full Chair Sits-to-Stands.
- Straight Leg Lifts.
- Side Leg Raises.
- Step-ups or Knee Marching.
- Calf and Abductor Raises.
What is the best exercise for knee problems?
Here are some exercises you can do if you have bad knees that will also help reduce pain.
- Walking. Walking is a low-impact activity that doesn’t put too much stress on your knees and can help strengthen the muscles in that area.
- Lateral Walk.
- Monster Walk.
- Donkey Kicks.
- Fire Hydrants.
- Warm-Up Stretches.
- Water Aerobics.
What exercises strengthen knee ligaments?
Exercises to Ensure Knee Stability
- Straight leg raises. Lie on your back with one knee bent and the other straight out on the floor.
- Squats. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms extended in front of you.
- Standing hamstring curls.
- Inner thigh stretch.
- Standing knee lift.