How can I strengthen my ACL without surgery?
Perform stretching program daily. Cardio program is recommended 3-5 times a week for 20-40 minutes Perform strengthening/proprioception exercises 3 times a week. Perform plyometric/jumping/agility exercises 2 times a week. Perform return to sport activities as directed by physician and physical therapist.
How do you strengthen ACL and PCL?
- Lie on your back with your knees bent.
- Slide your heel back by bending your affected knee as far as you can. Then hook your other foot around your ankle to help pull your heel even farther back.
- Hold for about 6 seconds, then rest for up to 10 seconds.
- Repeat 8 to 12 times.
What exercises should be avoided with ACL tear?
- Excessive weight-bearing before your body is ready. Early in the recovery process, perhaps even immediately after surgery, a doctor or physical therapist may instruct you to put some weight on the injured leg.
- Walking without support too early.
- Full-range open-chain knee extension.