- refined sugar.
- industrial seed oils such as canola and soybean and margarine.
- refined grains.
- processed soy products (soy, soy protein, and soy-based fake meat)
- genetically modified foods.
- artificial colours, flavours and sweeteners.
- additives and preservatives.
Is Rice part of the ancestral diet?
It is not necessarily black and white – eat this and avoid that. Ancestral eating varies. Some followers of an ancestral diet eat corn, rice and/or dairy – foods that were not widely available prior to ten thousand years ago.
Should you eat like your ancestors?
Researchers say eating more like prehistoric people did can lower your risk of heart disease and diabetes. Scientists studied Turkana people who live in northwest Kenya. They found that those who have moved to the city have lower health scores than those who maintain their traditional lifestyle.
What foods are in the ancestral diet?
- Grass-fed and pastured meats and poultry.
- Wild-caught seafood.
- Raw and organic dairy (from cows, goats, or sheep)
- Fermented foods (kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi, etc.)
- Ancient grains.
- Some legumes and beans.