- Wrap a tension band around your feet, keeping tension throughout the exercise.
- Extend one leg and slowly bring the leg back, then repeat on the other side.
- Complete 1-3 sets of 8 to 12 reps.
What causes weak hip flexors?
Underuse of the muscles or sitting down for extended periods can cause weak hip flexors. Conditions such as and osteoarthritis can also cause weakness in this muscle group.
Does walking strengthen hip flexors?
‘ Walking is good for the hip flexors, but to run far more efficiently (and, crucially, without pain), strategically opening and also strengthening your hip flexors needs to be part of your running routine.
How do you fix a tight and weak hip flexor?
- Kneel on your right knee.
- Put your left foot on the floor with your left knee at a 90-degree angle.
- Drive your hip forward.
- Hold the position for 30 seconds.
- Repeat 2 to 5 times with each leg, trying to increase your stretch each time.