How do I stop exercise-induced cough?
- Warm up with gentle exercises for about 15 minutes before you start more intense physical activity.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a scarf or face mask when you exercise in cold weather.
- Try to breathe through your nose while you exercise.
Does exercise-induced bronchoconstriction go away?
Children sometimes outgrow exercise-induced asthma. But there’s no cure for exercise-induced asthma. Most people who have exercise-induced bronchoconstriction will have it throughout life. This does not mean you have to give up sports or exercise.
How do you get rid of exercise-induced bronchospasm?
- A short-acting bronchodilator. This medicine is taken 15 minutes before exercise and lasts 4 to 6 hours.
- A mast cell stabilizer. This medicine is taken 15 minutes to 1 hour before exercise and lasts for 4 hours.
- A long-acting bronchodilator.
- An antileukotriene.