- Evaluate times when you overdo it. Short says exploring areas of your life where you overdo it, such as working late hours, shows you how you engage with yourself and others.
- Depletes vs. elevates.
- Say it out loud.
- Flip the script.
- Find value.
What are the 12 shadow archetypes?
The 12 archetypes are the Sage, Innocent, Explorer, Ruler, Creator, Caregiver, Magician, Hero, Rebel, Lover, Jester and the Orphan.
How do you know if shadow is working?
- Other people’s behaviors don’t trigger you like they used to.
- You drop blame and denial.
- You judge other people (and yourself) less.
- You recognize that you have become part of someone’s shadow.
- You’re no longer afraid to be seen.
- Your life has become more peaceful.
How do I begin shadow work?
- Decide if you’ll seek therapy or do shadow work on your own.
- Practice spotting your inner shadow.
- Think back to your childhood.
- Avoid shaming (or being ashamed of) your shadow.
- Meditate to observe your triggers.
- Keep a shadow journal.
- Express your inner shadow artistically.
- Start an inner dialogue.