What to Eat on a Renal Diet
- Skinless chicken or turkey.
- Fish or seafood.
- Lean beef like sirloin or tenderloin.
- Tofu and beans, like kidney beans or lentils. Note that these are higher in potassium and phosphorus, so you may need to limit the portion size.
What can I cook for kidney patients?
Read and learn about hide
- Avocado salad with ginger-miso dressing.
- Beet walnut salad.
- Chicken salad with pineapple and balsamic vinaigrette.
- Couscous salad.
- Dilled pasta salad with spring vegetables.
- English cucumber salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
- French green lentil salad.
- Pickled onion salad.
What foods are not allowed on a renal diet?
Here are 17 foods that you should likely avoid on a renal diet.
- Dark-colored soda. In addition to the calories and sugar that sodas provide, they harbor additives that contain phosphorus, especially dark-colored sodas.
- Canned foods.
- Whole wheat bread.
- Brown rice.
- Oranges and orange juice.
Is oatmeal allowed on a renal diet?
Oatmeal is higher in potassium and phosphorus compared to refined grains, but can be included in most kidney diets.