The thoracic spine is made for mobility – to flex, extend and rotate. Since the thoracic spine should be highly mobile, there is also the ability to lose mobility by staying in sedentary positions, or a lack of movement, often caused by the typical posture at an office or sedentary job.
How do I loosen my thoracic spine?
Read and learn about hide
- Hunch your upper back region forwards.
- Side bend the spine away from the side you would like to stretch.
- Look towards the arm pit.
- Pull your head towards the armpit.
- Aim to feel a stretch on the side of your spine.
- Take a deep breath into the area where you feel the stretch.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
What are 5 mobility exercises?
5 Joint Mobility Exercises to Improve Flexibility and Function
- Ankle mobility.
- Hip opener.
- Spine windmills.
- Shoulder pass-through.
- Neck half circles.