- Start in a seated position with the middle of your band around an anchor behind you.
- Grabbing a handle in each hand, bring the band to shoulder level.
- Press the bands upward straight above your chest until your arms fully extend.
- Lower back down.
- Repeat for 10–12 reps.
Do elastic band exercises work?
Absolutely. In fact, a 2019 study shows that training using resistance bands provides similar strength gains to using conventional gym equipment. “Resistance bands might not look like much, but they can strengthen your muscles as effectively as more traditional weights,” says Travers.
How do I tone my stomach with resistance bands?
What is the best workout with resistance bands?
- Wall Lateral Pulldown. Targeted muscles: Lats, upper back.
- Triceps Extension. Targeted muscles: Triceps.
- Bicep Curl. Targeted muscles: Biceps.
- Shoulder External Rotation. Targeted muscles: Shoulders, upper back.
- Fire Hydrant.
- Donkey Kick.
- Modified Side Plank Leg Lifts.
- High Plank Leg Lifts.