- Barbell back squat. Share on Pinterest. Touted as a “functional” exercise, squats have a plethora of benefits.
- Barbell deadlift. Share on Pinterest.
- Bent-over row. Share on Pinterest.
- Floor chest fly. Share on Pinterest.
- Arnold press. Share on Pinterest.
Can you workout with just free weights?
Absolutely, you can work your whole body with just dumbbells. Chest : DB Press, Flyes, DB Pullover. Shoulder : Seated DB Press, Arnold Press, Front Raise, Lateral Raise, Bend-over Raise. Back : DB Row, One-Arm Row, DB Shrug, DB Deadlift.
Can you build muscle with free weights?
For the most part, they’re right. Free weights create more muscle activation, which means that they also usually do a better job of stimulating muscle growth. For example, the barbell back squat produces 43% more total muscle activation than the Smith machine squat.
What are the 4 main weight lifting exercises?
Though there are thousands of different exercises we could do in the gym, barbell training comprises just four exercises, the so-called “Big Lifts.” These compound movements — the squat, press, deadlift, and bench press — should make up 90% of any athlete’s strength program, regardless of their level of advancement.