Can you correct years of bad posture?
Even if your posture has been a problem for years, it’s possible to make improvements. Rounded shoulders and a hunched stance may seem like they’re set in stone by the time we reach a certain age, and you may feel you’ve missed the boat for better posture. But there’s a good chance you can still stand up taller.
What is the fastest way to improve posture?
- Stand up straight and tall.
- Keep your shoulders back.
- Pull your stomach in.
- Put your weight mostly on the balls of your feet.
- Keep your head level.
- Let your arms hang down naturally at your sides.
- Keep your feet about shoulder-width apart.
How do I stop slouching?
Sit up straight with your shoulders relaxed, but not hunched or rounded. Choose a chair height that allows you to keep your feet firmly planted on the floor. Avoid crossing your legs. Keep your knees level or slightly higher than your hips.