- Eggs and meat.
- Certain cheeses such as brie, Camembert, cheddar and feta.
- Almond milk.
- Grains like rice, quinoa and oats.
- Vegetables like eggplant, potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini.
- Fruits such as grapes, oranges, strawberries, blueberries and pineapple.
What can you not eat on a FODMAP diet?
Common High-FODMAP foods to avoid:
Honey. Wheat. Legumes (Kidney Beans) Most cow’s milk and soy milk products.
What are the 5 FODMAPs?
- Fructose: Fruits, honey, high-fructose corn syrup, agave.
- Lactose: Dairy.
- Fructans: Wheat, onions, garlic.
- Galactans: Legumes, such as beans, lentils, and soybeans.
- Polyols: Sugar alcohols and fruits that have pits or seeds, such as apples, avocados, cherries, figs, peaches, or plums.
What are the symptoms of FODMAPs?
FODMAPs are types of carbohydrates found in certain foods, including wheat and beans. Studies have shown strong links between FODMAPs and digestive symptoms like gas, bloating, stomach pain, diarrhea, and constipation.