- meats: beef, pork, lamb, chicken, bacon, and others.
- fatty fish and seafood: salmon, trout, sardines, and mackerel.
- eggs: omega-3 enriched or pastured — most nutrient-dense (16)
- low-carb vegetables: kale, spinach, broccoli, asparagus, and others.
- full-fat dairy: butter, cheese, cream, full fat yogurt.
What foods can’t you eat on Atkins diet?
- Foods with added sugars such as processed cookies, cake, candy, pastries, and soft drinks.
- Simple carbohydrates such as in juices, breads, cereals, and dried fruit.
- Starchy foods such as simple carbs like bread, pasta, and rice as well as potatoes, French fries, chips, and corn.
Which is better for weight loss Atkins or keto?
However, research tends to favor keto, concluding that it provides more effective weight loss compared to Atkins. Since Atkins allows higher carb intake during later phases, the long-term metabolic changes associated with keto are not present, so your body continues to burn carbs for fuel.
How much weight can you lose in a week on Atkins?
In the first two weeks of the first phase of your Atkins diet, you could lose anywhere between 6 and 15 pounds. You could lose up to 3 pounds each week in the following weeks as your carbs restrictions loosen.