- meats: beef, pork, lamb, chicken, bacon, and others.
- fatty fish and seafood: salmon, trout, sardines, and mackerel.
- eggs: omega-3 enriched or pastured — most nutrient-dense (16)
- low-carb vegetables: kale, spinach, broccoli, asparagus, and others.
- full-fat dairy: butter, cheese, cream, full fat yogurt.
What foods are not allowed in the Atkins Diet?
- Foods with added sugars such as processed cookies, cake, candy, pastries, and soft drinks.
- Simple carbohydrates such as in juices, breads, cereals, and dried fruit.
- Starchy foods such as simple carbs like bread, pasta, and rice as well as potatoes, French fries, chips, and corn.
What is difference Atkins and Keto?
Atkins and keto are both low carb diets that may benefit weight loss, diabetes management, and heart health. Their main difference is that you gradually increase your carb intake on Atkins, while it remains very low on the keto diet, allowing your body to stay in ketosis and burn ketones for energy.
Is Atkins still a good diet?
Does It Work? The Atkins diet is one of the best-known low-carb diets, and the research shows it can work. If you fill your day with processed carbs like white bread, pasta, and white potatoes, and you don’t eat many fruits and veggies, then this diet may be the jump-start you need to lose weight.