What foods fix your kidneys?
- Citrus fruits and juices, such as oranges and grapefruit.
- Prunes and prune juice.
- Dried fruits, such as dates and raisins.
- Melons, such as honeydew and cantaloupe.
What foods should a person with kidney problems avoid?
- Dark-colored soda. In addition to the calories and sugar that sodas provide, they harbor additives that contain phosphorus, especially dark-colored sodas.
- Canned foods.
- Whole wheat bread.
- Brown rice.
- Oranges and orange juice.
How can I improve my kidney function fast?
Avoid processed foods and choose fresh fruits and vegetables instead. Follow a low-salt diet. Salt should be limited especially if you have high blood pressure, protein in your urine, or swelling, or difficulty breathing. Eating less than 2000 mg a day of sodium is recommended.