- Avoid nuts, seeds, dried fruits, dried beans and peas.
- Avoid whole grains and cereals.
- Choose cooked or canned fruits and vegetables over fresh ones.
- Choose white bread, white rice and products made with refined flour.
- Drink juices without pulp.
- Eat tender, well-cooked meats.
Are bananas OK for low fiber diet?
Raw fruits you can have are very ripe apricots, bananas and cantaloupe, honeydew melon, watermelon, nectarines, papayas, peaches, and plums. Avoid all other raw fruit. Avoid canned and raw pineapple, fresh figs, berries, all dried fruits, fruit seeds, and prunes and prune juice.
What vegetables have the lowest fiber?
- white potatoes without skin.
- string beans.
- lettuce, if your body can tolerate it.
- tomato sauces.
- acorn squash without seeds.
- pureed spinach.
- strained vegetable juice.
- cucumbers without seeds or skin, zucchini, and shredded lettuce are fine to eat raw.
What meats are low in fiber?
5-7 ounces/day Tender, broiled, stewed or creamed roast beef, veal, lamb, pork, ham, poultry, fish, chopped clams, oysters, liver, kidneys Cheeses: cream cheese, cottage, American, cheddar, Swiss or jack cheese Smooth peanut butter Fried meats, fish, or poultry; meats highly seasoned or containing whole spices; sausage