Ketosis can lead to weakness, fatigue, dizziness, and headaches, which can feel a lot like flu symptoms. More serious side effects can happen too, like stomach pain, nausea, and vomiting.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a low-carb diet?
- Pro: Weight loss.
- Con: Fewer Carbs isn’t necessarily a good thing.
- Pro: It might be helpful for the days spent at your desk job.
- Con: You may not be getting enough sugar.
- Pro: It may help prevent Cancer.
- Con: It could have a negative impact on heart health.
- Final Thoughts.
How long can you stay on low-carb diet?
While some people have success staying on keto for an extended period of time, “the long-term research is limited,” says Jill Keene, RDN, in White Plains, New York. Keene recommends staying on keto for six months max before reintroducing more carbs to your diet.
Will cutting carbs reduce belly fat?
Low carb diets also lead to quick reductions in water weight, which gives people fast results. People often see a difference on the scale within 1–2 days. Studies comparing low carb and low fat diets indicate that low carb eating specifically reduces fat in the abdomen and around the organs and liver ( 22 , 23 ).