The DASH diet is a healthy-eating plan designed to help treat or prevent high blood pressure (hypertension). The DASH diet includes foods that are rich in potassium, calcium and magnesium. These nutrients help control blood pressure. The diet limits foods that are high in sodium, saturated fat and added sugars.
What foods to avoid if you are hypertensive?
Read and learn about hide
50 foods and drinks to avoid for people with high blood pressure
- Salty foods.
- Sugary foods.
- Red meat.
- Sugary drinks.
- Saturated fats.
- Processed and prepackaged foods.
What food triggers hypertension?
11 Foods that Increase Blood Pressure
- Table Salt. If you are trying to follow a low-sodium diet, this seems like an obvious one, but it needs to be said.
- Certain Condiments and Sauces.
- Foods with Saturated and Trans Fat.
- Fried Food.
- Fast Food.
- Canned, Frozen, and Processed Foods.
- Deli Meats and Cured Meats.
- Salted Snacks.
What is the best breakfast for high blood pressure?
What to Eat for Breakfast with High Blood Pressure
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal is high in fiber and low in sodium.
- Eggs. Eggs are high in protein and one of the more popular breakfast options.
- Yogurt and Berries.
- Whole Grain Bread, Bagels and English Muffins.
- Unsalted Nuts.
- Dark Chocolate.
- Fruits and Vegetables.
- Fruit Smoothies.