- Eat More Veggies. 1/12. Plant-based fiber fills you up without raising blood sugar.
- Cut Back on Starchy Vegetables. 2/12.
- Snack on Fruit. 3/12.
- Choose Whole Grains. 4/12.
- Add More Nuts and Seeds. 5/12.
- Add Some Protein. 6/12.
- Avoid Sugary Drinks. 7/12.
- Limit Added Sugars. 8/12.
What foods to avoid if you are prediabetic?
Foods to avoid if you are prediabetic include sweets (pastries, cookies, cake, candy, pie, doughnuts), refined carbohydrates (white bread, pasta, bagels, crackers, pretzels), sweetened breakfast cereals, flavored yogurt, fried foods, fatty meats, jams, jellies, potato chips, snack bars, and others.
What is a good breakfast for a prediabetic person?
- Eat a Healthy Breakfast. 1/13. It’s often called the most important meal of the day.
- Overnight Oatmeal. 2/13.
- Nut Butter and Fruit. 3/13.
- Egg Sandwich. 4/13.
- Greek Yogurt Parfait. 5/13.
- Sweet Potato and Chicken Sausage Hash. 6/13.
- Vegetable Omelet. 7/13.
- Savory Oatmeal. 8/13.
What is the best bread for prediabetes?
“The American Diabetes Association recommends choosing whole grain bread or 100 percent whole wheat bread instead of white bread. White bread is made from highly processed white flour and added sugar.”