A week or two before surgery, you’ll switch to a low-sugar, low-fat, full-liquid diet (64 ounces per day) that’s high in protein and low in carbs. The protein will be important for healing and tissue repair after surgery, but there’s another reason for this step.
What should I eat 2 weeks before gastric sleeve?
- Increase your protein consumption. Eat lean meats.
- Lower your carbohydrate consumption. Avoid breads, pasta, cereals, rice, etc.
- Eliminate Sugars. Eliminate candy, desserts, juices, sodas.
What should I stock up before bariatric surgery?
- A variety of clear broths (chicken, beef, vegetable).
- Zero calorie sports drinks. Look for beverages with 10 or fewer calories per 8 oz.
- Sugar-free fruit drinks. Look for beverages with 10 or fewer calories per 8 oz.
- Sugar-free popsicles and gelatins.
How long is pre-op diet for bariatric surgery?
Bariatric Surgery Program
A low calorie diet two weeks before surgery can significantly shrink the size of the liver and make your weight loss surgery shorter and safer. For TWO WEEKS BEFORE your operation, you should follow this diet to prepare your body for surgery.