What is the easiest way to follow the Mediterranean diet?
- Eat lots of vegetables! How full is your plate of veggies at a meal?
- Change the way you think about meat!
- Include some dairy products.
- Cook a vegetarian meal once per week.
- Use good fats!
- Switch to whole-grains.
- For dessert, eat fresh fruit!
What do Mediterraneans eat for breakfast?
Spain and Italy: toasted bread + soft cheese + fresh fruit or freshly squeezed fruit juice. Greece: paximadia (bread made from whole wheat, chickpea, and barley ﬂour) + olives + cheese. Syria: tahini yogurt with chickpeas + pickles + sliced radishes. Morocco: fried egg in olive oil + soft cheese + olives + ﬂatbread.
What are the top 10 foods on a Mediterranean diet?
- Berries. Due to their high fiber and antioxidant content, berries are one of the best fruits to consume on a Mediterranean diet.
- Greek yogurt.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Whole grains like quinoa.
- Leafy greens.
- Beans like chickpeas.