What foods diabetic should avoid?
- Sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Trans fats.
- White bread, rice, and pasta.
- Fruit-flavored yogurt.
- Sweetened breakfast cereals.
- Flavored coffee drinks.
- Honey, agave nectar, and maple syrup.
- Dried fruit.
What is the best diet to follow for type 2 diabetes?
Top Diabetes-Friendly Foods to Eat
Nonstarchy vegetables, such as broccoli and high-fiber fruit like apples. Lean sources of protein, such as boneless, skinless chicken, turkey, and fatty fish, like salmon. Healthy fats, such as nuts, nut butter, and avocado (in moderation) Whole grains, like quinoa and barley.
What foods reduce diabetes fast?
- Broccoli and broccoli sprouts. Sulforaphane is a type of isothiocyanate that has blood-sugar-reducing properties.
- Pumpkin and pumpkin seeds.
- Nuts and nut butter.
- Flax seeds.
- Beans and lentils.
- Kimchi and sauerkraut.