- Doorway Stretch. All you need is a sturdy door frame and yourself for this one.
- High to Low Rows. This exercise requires a sturdy anchor point and resistance bands.
- Reverse Flys.
- Lawn Mower Pull.
- Overhead Lifts.
- Beyond the Neck Pulldown.
- Upright Rows.
- Bench Dips.
Should I exercise my rotator cuff if it hurts?
You may experience some mild soreness with muscle-toning exercises — ice applied to the shoulder should help relieve it — but if you develop sharp or severe pain, stop the exercises for a few days. Sit or stand holding a 5- to 10-pound weight in the hand of the affected shoulder.
What are 2 warning signs of a rotator cuff tear?
- Be described as a dull ache deep in the shoulder.
- Disturb sleep.
- Make it difficult to comb your hair or reach behind your back.
- Be accompanied by arm weakness.
Can you heal a torn rotator cuff with exercise?
For many people, physical therapy (PT) is the answer. It may be all you need to treat an injured rotator cuff. PT is a way to get back strength and movement after an injury. It includes things like exercise, ice, heat, massage, and equipment to help return your shoulder back to its normal range of motion.