- Resist Mouth-Closing. This involves adding pressure to your chin while closing your mouth.
- Resist Mouth-Opening. You can also gently add pressure to your chin when opening your mouth.
- Tongue Lifts.
- The Oxford University Hospitals Exercise.
- Jaw Slide Side-To-Side.
- Jaw Forward Movement.
Can TMJ be cured with exercises?
Stretching exercises can help with TMJ pain during a flare-up. They reduce muscle and joint tension, offering longer-term relief: Place the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth. Open your mouth as wide as you comfortably can, and hold for 5-10 seconds.
How can I loosen my jaw from TMJ?
Jaw Joint Stretch
Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth, behind your teeth. Then use your tongue to push your top teeth forward and, while doing that, slowly open your mouth, stretching those tight jaw muscles. Stop doing this when you feel pain. You can repeat this ten times.
How can I permanently fix my TMJ?
- Custom-made splints. Custom-made splints are made to be fitted over your lower or upper teeth.
- Physical therapy. Physical therapy involves appropriate exercises for the joint.
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation.