- Best Overall Exercise Mat. HemingWeigh Extra Thick Foam Exercise Mat. $40 List.
- Best Bang for the Buck. ProSource Fit Puzzle Exercise Mat. $25.99.
- Best for Sweaty Workouts. Retrospec Laguna Yoga Mat. $49.99.
- Best Cushioned Mat. BalanceFrom GoCloud All-Purpose 1-Inch Mat.
- Exceptional for Longevity. BalanceFrom 2″ Thick Tri-Fold Mat.
What thickness mat is best for exercise?
Thickness: The best exercise mats can be as thin as 0.125 inches (3.175 mm) or as thick as an inch. Most exercise mats are usually 0.5 inches thick. It all depends on how much support you think your joints need.
Is a thick or thin exercise mat better?
Fitness mats are usually between one and one and a half cm thick. Because the load in fitness is usually greater, a thicker mat is more comfortable. Do you do a lot of balance exercises? You can perform them more easily on a thinner mat.
Is there a difference between a yoga mat and an exercise mat?
Some people might not know that there is difference between a yoga mat and a general exercise mat. Yoga mats are specifically designed for low impact exercises. Compared to exercise mats, yoga mats tend to be thinner and can be found somewhere in the middle of the firmness scale.